Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hi my name is Crystal...

I am anxious, a worrier, apprehensive about everything, terrified of meeting new people, a person who hates talking to strangers on the phone and the scariest of all... I'm a MOM!

You may be asking yourself why did this lady ever think it was a good idea to have children? I still ask myself that somedays,but the truth is having A was the best decision I ever made! It's actually helped. I can no longer avoid making doctor appointments because I hate to call the office to schedule an appointment ( what if I push the wrong number and get the wrong department and then they get upset they have to transfer my call or worse... Hang up on me??) if I do that now it's not me who suffers its my sweet baby A!

Long gone are the days when I avoided talking or making eye contact with strangers in the store (what if they think i smell, or that I need to learn how to wear matching clothes, or what if I accidentally offend them because I said the wrong thing or looked at them the wrong way). Because now I have a wild child who smiles or babbles at anyone forcing me to acknowledge their presence.

Every single day is a struggle and learning how to balance being a mom, teacher, wife, sister, daughter, granddaughter and a friend is such a daunting task! I constantly feel like I am letting someone down and after a year I don't think I've made one ounce of progress!

At the end of the day however even though my house is a complete disaster and looks like it has not been cleaned in a year (has not been clean since I was nesting) I can't help but think I must be doing ok because I have a happy one year old, a husband who drives me crazy sometimes but truly loves me unconditionally and family and friends who I know are only a phone call away when I am truly not able to handle it on my own!


No comments:

Post a Comment